Where To Eat Vegan In Sevilla
Going to Sevilla, I was set on trying vegan tapas, which let's say it's not as simple a deal as finding a vegan burger in Berlin. No offence there, I really think veganism is picking up fast in Southern Spain too and as a proof, here are my top 5 picks for eating out in Sevilla.
1. abok2. Casi Vegetarianas: A tiny narrow restaurant, tucked away in a back lane was the last place I imagined spending a sunny afternoon at but the love for food is real so I did. The menu comprises of full size burgers and small tapas plates. I tried both. Their menu does have dairy and fish options but almost everything can be made vegan. The mushroom croquettes and chickpea samosas for tapas were lip smacking yum.
Location: C/ Murillo, 8, Local. (2,180.99 km), 41001 Seville, Spain
Contact: +34 625 61 23 72
2. Fargo: On every holiday, I make it a point to balance all the junk with some heathy options, to feel less like crap. Fargo did just that for me in Sevilla. The restaurant runs on farm to fork concept and offers seasonal menu. Again, not completely vegan, they do have a lot of vegetarian and vegan options. I enjoyed a big bowl of salad and a vegan ravioli. I cannot say that it was the best tasting food but the quality of ingredients and care for heath details make up. Their wine game is pretty strong too.
Location: Calle Pérez Galdós, 20, 41004 Sevilla, Spain
Contact: +34 955 27 65 52
3. Milk Away: Within 3 days break, I went here twice for breakfast and thats speaks for itself. Getting my dose of green smoothies, porridge and avocado panini makes me so happy. You can choose any fruits or seasonal veggies from their huge stock list and have them blend it as juice, smoothie and a milk-shake, with your choice of non-dairy milk of course For the confused souls like me, they also have different suggestions on their wall. I was a bit under the weather and went for a citric juice with lots and lots of ginger.
Location: Calle Hernando Colón, 3, 41004, Sevilla
Contact: +34 600 21 37 47
4. Verdetariano: A completely vegan and vegetarian restaurant, this gem is within a 2.2 kms distance from the famous Alcázar. Their menu changes every week and the many offerings include both sweet and savory items. Being a small place, it is a great option for take-away, while you explore the city on feet. Their burritos and empanadas get special love from most customers.
Location: C/Carretera de Carmona n°10 local 3, 41008 Sevilla
Contact: +34 620 04 98 14
5. Veganitessen: Another fine place, this little restaurant/bakery was the first vegan bakery to show up in Sevilla in 2009, and runs on three main concepts- local, bio and vegan. Not only are their bakery items worth cheating your diet charts for, the burgers, pizzas and tapas are delicious too. The healthy buffs can quench thirst with smoothies, while others can enjoy their craft beers.
Location: Calle Pastor y Landero, 0 S/N (Mercado del Arenal), 41001 Sevilla, Spain
Do share the post with your vegan friends and comment and tell us about a special vegan place in Sevilla that we missed.